[SAARC-general] Fwd: Aeronautical Mobile Saturday

BobHeiser w7ikt at fly-web.us
Mon Oct 24 18:00:09 PDT 2022

Radio is Yaesu VXA-700 HT, operates both 2m ham and aircraft 118-136Mc,
has jacks to plug a aircraft head set in.  I put a 1/4 wave homemade
whip on the belly.  Lorenzo AE5LH maned the radio while I flew the plane
around the city.  Lorenzo un-plunged his headset from the plane and
plunged into the HT.  We operated using the club call W5QX.  My call is
W7IKT.  Airplane is Zenith Cruzer CH-750 built by my wife N5CBQ and me.
We made 8 contacts, yours would be the longest.  We were in air for an
hour and 20 minutes. When we fly and operate again I plan on making an
interface so both of us can hear the ham traffic.

--
God Bless,
Bob Heiser W7IKT