[SAARC-general] 2022 Field Day Information

Matthew Morris k5icr.ham at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 10:30:57 PDT 2022

Only ~24 hours to the start of Field Day! Here's the information you'll
need to know for SAARC's Field Day ops this year.

Talk-in frequency for the event will be the 146.94000 repeater.

6/25:
1500 Local (approximately): Clubhouse (5513 Stewart Ln) opens for Field
Day use, after completion of a license exam session. Please visit the
EOC first to confirm that the Clubhouse is open so as not to disturb the
license exam session.
EOC and Clubhouse (if you want to miss what has historically been a
great potluck dinner)

6/26:

Other relevant information:
1: We will be running as a 4F station (4 transmitters as an emergency
operations center) under the W5SJT call sign. This means that we will
have up to 3 additional stations available, depending on the time of
day. If you want to bring a radio and antenna from home to use under the
W5SJT call sign, please get with the appropriate coordinator (listed
below) so we can make sure you're connected to the logging server.
2: We will again be using the N3FJP Field Day logging software
(available at: https://www.n3fjp.com/fieldday.html). If you want to
bring your own radio, please have a Windows-based computer and some form
of Internet access available to you so that you can make log entries.
Dave or I can provide you with the product code for Club use as well as
the logging server details.

Field Day Coordinator points of contact:
6/25 2200 Local to 6/26 0800 Local: Matthew Morris (K5ICR): 325-650-2280

If you have any questions you'd like to send by email prior to the start
of the event, please reach out to contact at w5qx.org

73,
Matthew Morris (K5ICR)
SAARC Secretary